Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tracking my Ancestors

I have always been curious as to where my family is from and what heritage I am. I never really found out. Everyone would always tell me that I was probably Irish since my whole family has blonde hair and blue eyes, but that really doesn't mean much.
Well I found out that ancestry.com is having a free 14 day trial, so I decided to do it. I am going to try to find out where I'm from for real this time. I haven't got very far yet. I think its a little harder since Taylor and Adams are pretty common names. I did find out though that my great great grandfather was born and lived in York country, which is the county right next to Mr. Hunt and I. This is crazy because my mom is from Maryland and my dad is from Ohio. I was shocked when I saw that.
What you do is type in your information and all the information that you know about your parents and grandparents and as far as you know. Their birthdays, their maiden names, when they got married, etc.
Its fun to find out things like how many children each grandparent had. Back then, parents had a ton of children.
Ill let you know how far I get. Its only 14 days and 7 are gone, I may pay for one more month depending on how far I get. I think it would be cool to share with my family.
By the way, I forgot about the day when it went by, but this past April 23 was the one year anniversary of Mr. Hunt and I moving into our first ever house! Happy Anniversary to us!! We love our house. Its crazy to think we have been living here for a year already. We still have alot to do around here, but it certainly feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting