Saturday, May 21, 2011

Adventurous Trip to the Mountains

So Mr. Hunt and I headed up to the mountain house to visit family from out of town and to go white water kayaking last weekend. It was so much fun! I cannot wait to do it again. To be honest here, I was actually terrified. I read all about it online, and was freaking myself out! Just think about it, you will be in a kayak all on your own, (an inflatable one at that), going down 5 foot drops, in freezing cold water with a chance of rain. To top it off, Davis told me that you would have to stop on a dime in certain places to wait for others. Davis had gone before but he went on the lower rapids with my dad. This time we went on the higher rapids. All I could think about was having my kayak pop on a rock or me float away down the river while everyone else was stopped.


Now that we have done it, I cant wait to do it again. Yes the water was freezing, but that didn't matter because we were having so much fun! At one point I was having a hard time paddling because I was laughing so hard at Davis when he fell out of the kayak. I'm very surprised that I didn't fall out. I sure did come close. I also (along with everyone else) got stuck on a few rocks. We went about 4 miles down the river. There were some pretty big drops.

I think the scariest part was when the instructor told us that we were coming up on a very dangerous drop and to go off to the left side and get out of the kayak on one of the huge rocks. Their plan was to put us back in the water on the very left to avoid the dangerous drop. All of us made it except Dylan. He went right on down the dangerous drop. Me, as the big sister, about had a heart attack while everyone else was laughing. Luckily he made it down safe. Now he thinks he is a pro and can do anything.


There were 10 of us. It was Mr. Hunt and I and my two brothers, one of Dylan's friends Trey, my Uncle Jim, cousin Chad and his girlfriend Aly, and their two friends from Ohio. I think it made it even better that we all knew each other and that there werent any strangers. We were able to laugh at each other and have a good time.



The rest of the trip was spent relaxing by the lake and fishing. At one point the boys (Chad, Dylan, and Mr. Hunt) came back from their trip on the boat and said that they ended up catching somewhere around 30 fish in just a hour! That's one every 2 minutes! They came back because they got caught in the rain storm. I wonder if the fish were biting more because it was raining.

The fur babies spent their weekend at the doggie resort. There were too many people at the mountain house to have them there. They missed out though, and we cant wait to bring them next time.

I'm very happy that I finally got to meet my cousin Chad's girlfriend Aly. I have heard so much about her, but never met her. She was very nice, and I'm glad she is in the family. We talked alot during the trip and I think we both have alot in common.


It was a very fun but relaxing weekend. Who wants to go white water kayaking? I'm ready to go back right now.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting