Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy (late) Mothers Day to my wonderful Mom and my soon to be Mother in Law. Don't worry everyone, I did tell them both Happy Mother's Day on the actual day, I just haven't been able to actually post it yet!

As everyone already knows, my mother is wonderful! She really is amazing. The older I get, the more I appreciate everything she does. I want to be just like her when I grow up or when I'm a mom, but when I try to do things like her, its hard. She is a HARD worker. This year she is doing even more since I am getting married. I think this is the best time to become the best mom you can be, and she is filling that more than ever. While calling her today when leaving work, I thought to myself as it rang, "man, I call her alot!" I thought about it and I really do. Anytime something happens with me or something out of the ordinary is going on, I call her. Most of the time I call her as soon as I get out of work, which means I call her at work usually when she is trying to walk out the door too, but she will sit there and talk!


Every time she comes to Mr. Hunt and I's house, she starts cleaning, planting, organizing, giving me ideas. Not to mention she has to put up with 5 boys at home. Now that I am out of the house she is the only girl. She has my dad, two brothers, a male cat and a male dog. Wow, she is busy at home. I know those boys don't purposely try to give her a hard time, but naturally they do. Come on, they are boys, what do you expect?


This year I sent my mom some new garden gloves and some flower seeds to plant. The last time I was home, I saw her wearing my dads working gloves as garden gloves, they were huge on her. She loves to be out in the garden, so I thought instead of sending flower (expensive), I would send her flower seeds so that she can plant them whenever and where ever she wants.
My other Momma, or soon to be Mother in Law is great too! Any woman is great to have raised the man I'm going to marry. God Bless her though, I know Mr. Hunt gave her a hard time growing up. Again, you know how boys are. Here is what I notice about "other momma" the most. She remembers everything! Now, this could have been a bad thing when they were growing up, but it is also a really good thing too. I remember one of the first times I was over at their house. I had been over there maybe once or twice before. While getting ready for dinner, she let me know that they had bought some coke for me. If you didn't know, their whole family drinks Diet Coke so they never had Coke in the house. She remembered that I didn't like Diet Coke, and that I liked Coke and bought some for me. She has remembered alot of other things, like the Reece eggs that I love for Easter, and that I just like anything chocolate. She remembers everything, and I like it!


So Happy Mothers day to you two! You know that I love you very much! Thank you for everything that you do. I could go on and on about how grateful Mr. Hunt and I are, but it would probably bore the other readers. Hope you had great days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting