Wednesday, December 29, 2010

White Christmas in Charlotte






So Charlotte had a wonderful white Christmas, but Mr. Hunt and I missed it. Its ok though because it snowed enough for us to still see it when we got back on Sunday night. As a matter of fact, we still have about a half an inch of snow in our backyard, enough to not see the ground yet.

On Sunday, Mr. Hunt and I left Bluffton and headed up to North Augusta, South Carolina to celebrate Christmas with some of his relatives. We drove in snow the whole way there. It was very pretty. It snowed almost the whole time we were there in North Augusta, but it never stuck to the ground.

On our way home, I fell asleep right away (as always). Mr. Hunt woke me up when we got to Columbia to see all the snow. I really don't think I have seen that much snow before. All of the tree branches were drooping down from the snow and I couldn't see any grass. It was so pretty especially as the sun was coming down.

As we kept driving toward Charlotte, the snow got thicker and thicker. It was funny to see the dogs get out of the car and run straight to the "grass" and get confused as to what was on the ground.

Although I really despise the cold weather, it was nice to have one snow of the year. OK, I'm ready for the warm weather now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting