Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gettin' their veggies


The past few weeks, Mr. Hunt has been trying to eat somewhat healthy so I bought him some celery and baby carrots (among some other things too) to have for a snack when he gets hungry. I decided to see if the dogs liked carrots because I heard that they help dogs teeth and they are also better than giving raw hides, which we give all the time.

At first they were a little confused about what it was but they knew they liked it. It was hard for them to chew it or break it because they were so small and I was also nervous they would choke so I stood right there while they ate them. At first, they shredded them and then looked at me as to say, "what do we do with them now?" I started picking up the shredded pieces and letting them eat out of my hand. They couldn't get enough of them and when they were gone they were searching for more.

So this evening on my daily grocery store stop, I picked up some big carrot sticks to give them. Again, they were confused but they were definitely easier to eat because they were bigger. They shredded them again, not sure why, and then ate it all. They loved them.

I'm excited to give them that as a treat now and know that it is healthy and good for them. The only downside is that it doesn't take them that long to eat them like raw hides do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting