Monday, December 13, 2010

Saying "YES" to my dress!

The Sunday after our engagement party, I went wedding dress shopping. I decided to do it then so that my mom, aunt, and grandma could come while they were already here for the party. Along with them, Mrs. Hunt, Katie, and Rachel came too.
Before going, I found a few dresses online that I liked. My wedding consultant picked those out along with others that she thought I would like by seeing what I already picked. One of the dresses that I picked out did not look good on me. Of course it looked good on the girl online, but it wasn't for me, no big deal. The other one that I picked out was great! I loved it! Then the consultant put a dress on me that JUST came in the store. I fell in love before I could even see what it looked like on me! I didn't want to take it off.
Then I tried on a few other ones, in different styles to make sure that I liked what I already picked. Everyone was going around the store and picking dresses for me to try on. It was alot of fun and I tried on some very pretty dresses.
Then it came down to the two that I loved. The one that I picked out, and the one that the consultant picked out. I tried both of them on again, and I decided! The one the consultant picked was it! I never would have thought the consultant would pick a perfect dress for me. I always pictured myself finding it on the rack for some reason.
I really didn't want to take it off. It took me awhile to finally say yes only because this was the first time I went dress shopping. I was wondering if I should go other places before I chose. I just couldn't think about leaving without the dress though, so I finally said YES!!!!!
The consultant told me it would be about 15 weeks for the dress to come in, but it ended up only taking about 3 weeks! I am going to go pick it up Wednesday. Since the dress was new, it still isn't posted online. I am excited to finally see it again, even though I do have some pictures of it from when I tried it on. I cant stop looking at the pictures. If I am going to get this excited about a dress, I cant imagine what I'm going to be like on the actual wedding day when everything comes together.
While we were there, I picked out the bridesmaids dresses too. Once again, the dress I finally chose was nothing that I picked out before getting there. I had three dresses that I saw online that I thought were cute, but then they weren't as cute on when we got there. Katie and Rachel tried on a few dresses and finally the one I decided on.
I'm so excited to have this part of the wedding planned. Now I feel like I can move forward with the decor and ideas.
Wedding dress shopping is once in a lifetime thing that you get to do. I'm glad that I got to do it with the girls that I love. I wouldnt have had it any other way.
Sorry, but I'm not putting any pictures up. Not even of the dresses I didn't pick. Even though Mr. Hunt doesn't read my blog (he wants to read it ALL one day when he is old), I don't want to take any risks.

1 comment:

♥ Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you! I only spent an hour picking out my wedding dress, with only one friend. My mom wasn't even able to be there because I was living so far away. I can't wait to see what you picked out! I bet you will be stunning.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting