Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Night Without Mr. Hunt

This was the first night by myself in our new house. Mr. Hunt went on a business trip and I wont see him until Friday evening when I meet him in Bluffton for the weekend.
When I found out that he was going to be gone I planned on doing as much work around the house as I could. As I said before, it is very hard for me to clean the house and do chores when Mr. Hunt is around because all I want to do is hang out with him. We like to cook together, but we don't like to clean the mess. Most week nights we get home around the same time, we walk the dogs, we make and eat dinner, and then we watch TV until we go to bed. There is really no time to clean in between there. Then on the weekends, we have so much to do and cleaning is not #1 on the list. I know that something needs to change here because I am going to be living with Mr. Hunt for the rest of my life. If I continue to wait until he is out of the house to clean, then our house is going to be pretty messy. Ill figure something out, but for now, he is gone for two nights and I have alot to do. Here is just some of the list.

Laundry
Clean kitchen
Put away clothes
Pack for the weekend
Clean and Organize Coat Closet (cool weather is coming and we have jackets on the floor in there)
Finish painting bedroom
Clean the carpet from where the dogs tracked in mud
Hang up pictures in bedroom
Water front and back yard (we just put grass seed down)

So guess how much I got done last night? Laundry and cleaning the kitchen. That is it! I was just so tired, I didn't even take the dogs on a walk. I baked a pizza, sat on the couch, and caught up on all of my TV shows that Mr. Hunt doesn't mind not watching. I occasionally got up to fold clothes and put new loads in and I cleaned the kitchen after I ate.

I did get a little bit scared once. Hannah hardly ever barks but all of the sudden last night she ran into the front room and started barking at the door. She stood there for another 5 minutes and paced the room. I just looked from a distance. She finally came back in the living room and laid next to me to watch TV.

Needless to say if I want to get the list done, I need to bust my tush tonight. Not sure how much I can get done in a 3 1/2 hour time frame, but I'm motivated, I think. We will see how I feel after a day of work.

If I finish painting the room all by myself, Mr. Hunt would be very surprised. Maybe Ill do that first after walking the dogs, then tackle everything else. My fingers are crossed!

Dear Mr. Hunt,

I miss you! So do River and Hannah. Every time they would hear something outside yesterday evening, they looked outside to see if it was you coming home. They laid in your spot on the bed last night. They may have been a little more comfortable then usual, but don't worry, you can have your spot back. I tried to get some stuff done last night but I was tired. I promise to try again tonight, no guarantees though. I am dreading packing the car by myself on Friday, the crates are so heavy.
I hope you enjoyed watching Man vs. Food last night in the hotel/resort. I watched Quintuplets by Surprise and the game show network..you know, the shows you don't like.
I hate that I didn't get to talk to you this morning, but hopefully I can catch you on my lunch break today.
Anyway, I love you and cant wait to see you on Friday. Get ready for a fun filled weekend!

LOVE FOREVER,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting