Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Corn Maze, Football, and Wedding Show

This past weekend was a great one!
Friday night, Mr. Hunt and I went to the Corn Maze (Maize Maze) in Huntersville with some friends, Chris and his two girls Taylor (7) and Chandler (9). We had a great time. It was actually very hard to do. We had to search for 12 mailboxes that had a puzzle piece in each one and put them together to make the map so that we could find our way out. We ended up finding nine of the pieces before we were pooped and decided to be finished. We were being lead by the girls, so I think we went around in the same circle 3 times in a row. We kept finding the same mailboxes. Finally we got a clue from someone else and found our way into the middle of the maze. Taylor's legs were starting to hurt (mine were too, so I know hers were) and we were all hungry, so we left. We got there around 8pm and didn't leave until 10pm. we were walking around in the maze for two hours. It was alot of fun, I will certainly go back! After we left, we went to a Mexican restaurant for a LATE dinner. The girls fell asleep on my shoulders in the car on the way there, but they were hungry so they woke up when we got there.
Saturday was game day. This was a very important game for the gamecocks. We were playing the #1 ranked team, Alabama (we were ranked #19). ESPN Game day was on from 10AM-12PM and my brother Dylan was there, so Mr. Hunt and I watched for him. There were too many people there so we didn't see him. We recorded it though so we can go back and check again. The game started at 3:30PM. We were all very nervous. The gamecocks played very well in the first half which is typical of us. But what is also typical of us is to lose it in the second half. True gamecock fans know the game isn't over until the game is over. Sure I was super excited that we were doing well, but I was still super nervous. Turns out that I didn't even celebrate the win until there were 3 seconds left in the game! BUT WE WON!!! This is the first time that USC has beaten the #1 ranked team in football. Also the biggest upset EVER in college football! There were grown men crying at the stadium. I was in shock the rest of the day! I still cant believe it and its three days later. I am happy to be a gamecock and I am excited to see what happens the rest of the season. After the game we went over to Michael and Rachel's house for dinner. Rachel cooked Alfredo which was very good! We watched more football (Florida vs. LSU), then went straight to bed.
Sunday morning I went to a bridal show in downtown Charlotte with Mrs. Hunt. It was a good show. I got alot of information and ideas. I am excited for another one in January that is much bigger. I think Ill have more of an idea about everything by then. After the show we headed over to Rachel's parents house where her and the boys were watching the Panthers game. Panthers lost again! They aren't having a good season at all. Good thing I like the Redskins as well because they won!
It was a fun filled, busy, exciting weekend but now it is back to work. This coming weekend Mr. Hunt and I are taking our engagement photos. Should be alot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting