Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yucky Mondays

Yesterday evening, Mr. Hunt and I decided to grill steaks for dinner. So we got everything prepped and ready to go, got the dogs, and headed to the backyard. Now let me back up for just a second. As you know, we are moving next weekend to our first home. The house we are in now, we are renting. As part of the rent check, the lawn people are supposed to come once a month. Well, they haven't come since October for some reason. I think the main reason is because we just learned that the house if going up for foreclosure when we leave, so they aren't worrying about the yard. It kind of makes me mad, because we still live there and we are technically paying for it. I know the neighbors HATE it. We would do it ourselves, but we dont have a lawn mower. Anyways, so needless to say, the backyard is like a jungle. When the dogs lay down, half their bodies are covered in tall grass. Now we were only back there for 10-15 minutes at the most because we both like medium rare steaks. We came back in ate dinner and did the dishes.
While Mr. Hunt was doing the dishes, we said something was hurting his armpit. He finally asked me to see what it was and sure enough there was something there. It was a TICK! Thank goodness it wasn't buried in his armpit yet because I could still see his little legs. I ran and got the finger nail polish remover and killed him. Mr. Hunt pulled him off with the tweezers which hurt because he was pulling armpit hairs too. He pulled him off in one piece. In the meantime, I was on the phone with Mr. Hunts mom making sure we did everything to prevent infection. She told us to burn him, so after inspecting him to remember what he looked like, we burned him. As soon as we did that we checked me and the dogs for ticks and we didn't see any.
I was feeling yucky and everything that touched or tickled me, it felt like a tick was on me so I jumped in the bathtub. As I was washing my back I saw one on my side. I started screaming for Mr. Hunt to come get it off. He tried and tried and couldn't get him. He was already buried in my side. He got everything but the head out. It hurt so much. We both were pretty paranoid and worried about disease so we researched it. We found out that the ticks with a white dot on their back are the ones that carry Lyme Disease. The tick that was on Mr. Hunt had a white dot, so we were pretty worried.
This morning we both went to the Urgent Care next to our house (the same one I was just at for stitches). Even though the tick didn't get too far into Mr. Hunt's armpit, we wanted to make sure he was OK since it had a white dot on his back. I went because the head is still in my side.
We went in separate rooms, but came out with the same prescription to fight off Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spider Fever. They let Mr. Hunt go, but gave me two choices. Either she cut my side open to dig the head out, or take the prescriptions, get blood taken, and get another tetanus shot. I opted for the shots and the blood being taken. I didn't want to deal with another bandage or whatever they would have done.
I'm feeling very sick now. Most likely it is from the tetanus shot because that is what the nurse said. She said we shouldn't develop any signs of disease if we take the persecutions.
Oh man.....whats next??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting