Monday, April 26, 2010

Moving Weekend

Oh man! This weekend was fun, exciting, tiring, colorful, different, scary, sad, happy, hopeful, and time consuming all in one. Mr. Hunt and I are exhausted! So are the puppies. Here is a recap of the weekend.
Thursday: After work, Mr. Hunt and I went the the Home Depot and got paint and paint supplies. We went to Lowes to order the refrigerator to find out that they didn't have any left at that location. We called the location near our new house and ordered the same refrigerator and got it for a better price. We ate dinner and went to bed. (didn't pack anything).
Friday: woke up and went to the closing. Our appointment was for 10am. we got there on time but didn't get started until 10:30 or so. I was so antsy. We signed papers, got our keys and a bottle of champagne from the attorney left at 11am and headed toward OUR new house. We stopped for a quick lunch, then got HOME. We painted for four hours and only got the kitchen finished. We were so tired. We headed back the the rental home to let the dogs out and pack. We had only pack 4 boxes before this. We packed all night long while watching the NFL draft.
Saturday: We woke up early to try to finish packing and to load up my car and Mr. Hunt's dads truck with smaller things. The movers showed up at 9:45am and they got right to it. We had the dogs in their crates, but Hannah was NOT happy. She kept howling in her crate. Right when I thought I was going to go crazy with them, Mr. Hunt's dad called to offer to watch them for the day. We took that offer right away and Mr. Hunt left while I stayed with the movers. Once we were all moved in at the new house, Mr. Hunt went to get us lunch while I waited for the Direct TV guy and the Lowes guys with our refrigerator. The Direct TV people told me someone would be out between 12 and 4. He showed up right at 4. He was very upset because our address wasn't in the GPS and he got lost. He tried to call us to get directions but they had the wrong phone number. After he ranted about that he got to work. The Lowes people on the other hand were getting pretty annoying. Mr. Hunt called them on the way to get lunch (2pm) and they said they would be there in less than 2 hours. Three hours went by, and still no refrigerator. We had other things to do, but we had to wait on them. We called again and they told us the same thing (2 hours). WHAT?!?! Almost as soon as we got off the phone with them, the movers called us saying they were lost. Turns out that Loews had the wrong phone number too. I don't understand. Finally the Lowes guys and the Direct TV guy left around 7pm. We went to dinner with Michael and Rachel and went straight to bed.
Sunday: We had three main things to get done this day. 1. Paint family room 2. get family room furniture from Rachel's mom's friend 3. Go to rental and get clothes for work on Monday and bring a load back. Mr. Hunt had a great plan to wake up at 7am and paint, eat lunch, got get furniture, and lastly go to the rental. Well that didn't happen. We woke up at 8:45am and started to tape. Once we were finished taping and taking the face plated off all the outlets, we were so tired we couldn't paint. We took a little nap and waited for Mr. Hunt's family to come over to help us with some things. They came around 2pm, we hooked up the dryer and washer, started on the TV mount, and put up some of the blinds. I'm so glad they came over, because getting the little things done really helps out. It was 4pm and we hadn't eaten all day. I was so hungry and we had to hit the road. We ate lunch and drove to Mint hill where we packed my car, Mr. Hunt's dad's van and truck and headed to his parents house for dinner. We had burgers and hot dogs which we very tasty, but I was tired and we still had to go to the rental. When we got home, Mr. Hunt wanted Michael to help him with the TV mount. I could have helped, but I couldn't lift the TV that high (it is heavy). It took them until 10pm to do it, but they did a great job, and we had some pretty good laughs in between. Obviously I didn't make it to the rental.
Monday morning: I woke up extra early to get the to rental and change into work clothes. I am now at work, so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. I would never change this past weekend though. I am now a homeowner with my best friend in the world. We are very happy and excited for the future. We still have a lot to do around the house, but my parents are coming this weekend so I am going to put another list together.

1 comment:

Joe Adams said...

I'm glad you got moved in...moving is never easy but it sounds like you are making that house into a home. Your Mom and Dad are excited about coming up this weekend. I thought this was the weekend you were moving but you are already in.
Grandpa

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting