Friday, October 17, 2014

Here We Go Again!

**This was written a few day after we found out I was pregnant which was on August 29th 2014**

So most of you know from my last post that we are PREGNANT again!

Lets just say that this time, we were totally shocked.

When we got pregnant with Jane, we had been trying for 6 months and we were ready (or as ready as we could be). Each month would go by, and then we finally got a positive pregnancy test. It was a very happy, exciting, "finally" kind of feeling.

THIS TIME....was different.

Before we had any kids, we never had any idea how close in age we would want our kids. Once we had Jane, we have gone back and forth. You see, if you don't know Jane very well, let me tell you a little bit about her. She is happy, independent, on the go all the time, hyper, and a huge hand full. Every baby is different and I definitely know some other kids her age that are more calm and quiet.

So with that said, Mr. Hunt and I have mentioned that maybe we needed to wait a little bit before having another baby. Just for the simple fact that we still feel like our hands are pretty full with Jane.

Also, since we are moving at the end of November, this wasn't an ideal time to get pregnant. Nobody likes to move while pregnant. We had mentioned maybe waiting until after we are moved and settled in. Also, my little brother is getting married in April, so maybe after that.

BUT, God only knows what he has planned for us. His plan is good. I learned that quickly when I got pregnant with Jane. So this means, we will just have to go with his plan and embrace it.

You are probably wondering if I was on birth control, or how it was such a big surprise. Well, after I stopped breast feeding Jane, I got on birth control and it made me feel super sick. I knew we wanted to have another kid at some point, and I felt like I knew a lot about cycles since we tried to get pregnant for 6 months. So, I got off of it.

For the first 6 months or so we were very very careful, but then we weren't. So maybe it shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was.

After my period was 3 days late, I decided to take a test one afternoon while Mr. Hunt was home from work for lunch. He always told me that he wanted to be there the next time I took a test since with Jane I was by myself and then called and told him.

The test said to wait 3 minutes for the result, but the result popped up right away. "pregnant"
We laughed, smiled, stared at each other, laughed some more, and were totally shocked. Even a few days later, we were still shocked, it didn't seem real. Obviously when you aren't expected something so life changing, its hard to take it all in.

Everything is changed right then and there. No, there isn't a baby here yet, but one is coming. Are we ready? We still need to move, Ill be 8 months pregnant at my brother wedding, BUT its all OK because this was Gods plan.

Maybe it sounds like I'm really upset about this. Its hard to convey your emotions over the Internet. Now a few days later (I wrote this only 4 days after finding out) I'm really excited now. I'm over the moon. I can't wait to do this whole pregnancy thing all over. I can't wait to find out if its a girl or boy. I can't wait for Jane to have a baby sibling. I'm happy....and so is Mr. Hunt.

But, I'm also scared to death this time. You would think that when I was first pregnant with Jane I would be more scared since it was my first pregnancy, but I wasn't. I was not working since we had just moved to Texas, so I planned to just go one day at a time and go with the flow.

This time though I'm scared.

I'm scared of morning sickness while still taking care of Jane
I'm scared of the dreaded energey loss. Do you understand how much enegery I need to keep up with Jane? A LOT!! I hardly had enough while not pregnant
Then the main thing I'm scared of is not being able to give Jane the same love and attention once the new baby gets here. Its like I'm not ready to replace her. Ugh, that sounds so bad. But I honestly cried for about 5 minutes straight the day we found out. I cried thinking about Jane.

Alright. Well that's it for today. I have a ton more emotions about this time around, but this is happening so I need to get my act together. One day at a time is all I can do. The first trimester will come and go, I will (hopefully) get energy back, we will move, my brother will get married, and this baby will come.

Thank you Lord for your happy surprises. You truly have the best plan for our lives and I thank you for your perfect timing even if we don't understand it right now. Please help this baby be healthy and happy, just like our first baby Jane. Thank you for getting us back closer to our family for this go around. Amen.

Love
Jennifer

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love, love, love this post for many reasons! ��

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting