Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just Some Thoughts on Jane

As usual, we have a lot on our plates right now. Ill share when I can. But, in other news....Jane is growing up too fast! I can't stand it. I know I say this all the time too. But, she is just cuter and cuter everyday, she learns at least one word a day if not three or four, and she has the best personality.

My brother and his fiance came into town this past weekend. I'm sad because I didn't get ANY pictures because I was busy filming for a few videos on my YouTube channel with them. Anyway, they wanted to take Jane to the Aquarium here in Charleston, so on Saturday morning we went. Jane loves fish so I thought she would have a great time.

She had a great time alright, but the fish weren't it for her. She just liked looking at other people, other babies, and running around. Every once in awhile she would point and gasp at the fish, but not as much as I thought she would.

The best part though was when she saw the big guy dressed as a chipmunk or beaver (not entirely sure what it was). First let me back up though...we already ran into a big guy dressed as an albino alligator that she loved. She gave him a kiss, hug, blew kisses, and a high five. She also tried to hand him her beloved Elmo, but he didn't see. So, when we were getting off the elevator and Jane spotted the Beaver guy, she let out a squeal Ive never heard before and I thought something was wrong.

Turns out she REALLY wanted to see this guy. Funny thing is that every single other kid in the vicinity was screaming or crying to get away from it. So we were able to roll Jane right up in her stroller to him since he seemed to be out in the open after the other kids ran away. First thing Jane did was smile and wave hi. Then she shared her pretzel stick. He pretended to eat it, gave it back, and then Jane ate it. Then she blew him kisses and high fives. Then she felt like he might need some water so she gave him her sippy cup. He pretended to sip it and gave it back. Basically it was the cutest thing. Not only was her not scared, but she was sharing.

Sometimes the fact that Jane pretty much likes everybody and isn't shy kind of scares me because I don't want her running off with a stranger, but I also love it because she learns a lot from other people. Its not just me that she's stuck to all the time. She goes off and explores on her own. Se figures things out on her own. She makes mistakes and fixes them (obviously small things like you can't climb up the playground slide while someone is trying to come down) on her own.

I'm also wondering if she will continue to stay this way, or eventually be shy once she realizes most other kids are shy. Either way, I love her, I love her personality, I love seeing her little brain work, and I love her love for people.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting