Thursday, July 10, 2014

4th of July Weekend

We had an awesome 4th of July weekend. I took Jane and the fur babies to Bluffton and Mr. Hunt went to Beaufort to go fishing with his Dad. The best thing is that Bluffton and Beaufort are only 45 minutes apart so Mr. Hunt made some appearances throughout the weekend. 

On the 4th, we woke up, got Jane dressed, decorated her stroller and headed to downtown Bluffton for the parade. 


I love this picture of Jane and her Pappy, especially because this is where my parents got married and where Mr. Hunt proposed to me.



When we put Jane in the stroller after decorating it she said "mmmmm messsyyy" haha


It was a fun small parade, but it was strange because everyone was IN the parade and nobody really watched.


It was hot


Here's the game minus my Mom who was taking the picture.


Uncle Dylan playing with Jane



Jane is very lucky to have my brothers as her Uncles. She will realize soon :)


The 4th of July is also my grandpa's birthday so we went to go visit him. This isn't a good picture, but its the only one I got of my grandpa.


I tried to get some pictures of Jane on this red chair while still in her 4th outfit, that lasted two seconds.



Bomb Popsicles are a must for the 4th. This was Jane's second Popsicle ever so the first bite she didn't know what to think...


But she got the hang of it.




Having fun in Nana and Pappy laundry hamper


  Boooo


We kept Jane up way past her bedtime so that she could see the fireworks. Mr. Hunt decided to drive and meet us. What a fun surprise for Jane. She was super tired though and watched them just like this.


The next day, Mr. Hunt went back to Beaufort to fish again and my Mom, Dad, Jane and I went to my grandmas house to take a swim.



We found a bunny in the pool drain, and I saved him. You can watch my YouTube video if you want to see the whole thing ;)


blowing bubbles with Nana


riding in the boat with Pappy


The golf course that my Grandma lives on was closed for repair so we took the opportunity to let Jane run around. She LOVED it!


The super soft grass and the hills made for a good 30 minutes for fun before her nap.



That night Mr. Hunt came back and my parents watched Jane while we went on a date...which is rare. We went to a nice dinner at the Old Oyster Factory and had plans on going to the movies since we haven't been to the movies since before Jane was born....but we were both super tired and the next movie showing was an hour after we were done with dinner, so we passed. It was still a nice and realizing dinner with my hubby!

The next day, Mr. Hunt took the dogs and Jane back to Beaufort for the day and I drove up to Columbia for one of my best friend Adrienne's baby shower. All of my friends are having baby girls and I can't wait until I see what baby Cadence looks like at the end of August


Then I drove over to go meet McKinley. I'm sad because I didn't get any pictures, but at least Kelly got one.

It was a perfect long weekend filled with a lot of fun activities. I ended the weekend just thinking about how much I'm so thankful to be back on the East Coast so that we are able to be with all these special people.

Hope y'all had a great 4th of July weekend as well.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting