Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

We are known to not do much on Valentine's Day, but I wanted to come to say Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

Maybe I should share the one Valentines Day experience that sticks out in my mind every time I think of Valentines Day.

This was a few years back when Mr. Hunt and I were dating. We decided just to go to this Chinese place that we liked for dinner and then try to get home in time to watch our favorite show at the time, Lost. Mind you, this was before we had DVR so it was imperative that we got back so that we didn't miss anything. We didn't plan ahead so we didn't have any reservations at a nice place or anything, this was just a Chinese restaurant that we liked right by our house.

There wasn't a wait and we st right down at our table. Mr. Hunt ordered a beer and I ordered a wine. When they gave me my wine, I was shocked! It was in a beer mug filled to the top. When I gave them a weird look, the waitress quickly realized she messed up and told me to hurry and drink some so that her manager didn't see how much she gave me for the price of one glass. It was quite funny. We ordered our food and while we were waiting, we were giggling about the wine thing and I was a little tipsy already since I had chugged some wine.

Next thing we knew, the waitress brought us our check. Yeah.....we still didn't even get our meals. She brought the check without us even eating. When we told her we still didn't get our food, she was so embarrassed. We kind of felt bad but at the same time we were in a rush. We told her never mind and we just paid for our drinks and left. I think the waitress was just a little overwhelmed because it was a lot busier than it was normally there and she just wasn't on her game. We probably would have stayed if it wasn't for our show coming on and honestly I felt kind of bad for the waitress. Instead we quickly went to get a frozen pizza and we were home right before Lost came on. So now anytime I think about Valentines Day, I think of that.

Even though we don't celebrate Valentines Day really big around here, I feel like since we have a kid now, its only appropriate to celebrate as many holidays as we can.

I made some Valentines Day cards for Jane to send to her family this year. This meant a photo shoot!


This is her same dress she wore on Christmas.



Love her giggles



Thanks Great Aunt Lisa for this precious dress. It fits perfect!


Of course she had to stand up.




Itsy Bitsy Spider



And here is the end product!


Happy Valentines Day everyone. Ill be back with what we did today to celebrate a little.

Love,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Carol said...

Bahahaha that story about the Valentines date was hilarious! Sounds like ya'll handled it well. Sounds like your waitress may have been on something...lol. Jane is adorable in her Valentines dresses!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting