Monday, May 17, 2010

Late nights, Surprises, Shopping, Pool, and Bugs

Mr. Hunt and I went to Bluffton this weekend. This is the first time we have left our new house for the weekend. There is still alot to be done around our house, but we needed a weekend off from all of that. We had a great fun-filled weekend! Here is a brief summary of what we did.

When we arrived Friday night, my brother had a few friends over so Mr. Hunt and I joined in on some of the fun. Once my brother left with his friends for a late night snack at the Squat and Gobble (open 24 hrs.), Mr. Hunt and I went to bed.

The next morning we tried to sleep in. We didn't get out of bed until 11am which is very late for us, but believe me, we weren't sleeping in really. Hannah likes to get up around 6:30am or so. Once she is up, she tries to wake the three of us (me, Mr. Hunt, and River) up. She makes her squealing noises and steps on us. She will put her paw in our face and sniff us. I try all of my tricks (give her a bone to chew, take her outside for a minute), but none of them really work for very long.

We knew we were going to be gone most of the day, so we decided to take the dogs on a long walk. We took River, Hannah, and Charlie. Charlie doesn't have to be on a leash when he walks because he listens and stays close by. My parents live in a neighborhood that is very quiet so we decided to see what our dogs would do off leash. Surprisingly they stayed very close. Mr. Hunt rode a bike while I walked. He put Hannah on the leash and she pulled him like he was on a sleigh. He didn't even have to peddle. River didn't do so well because he learned (like a good dog) that you don't pull on the leash. They were pooped after that.

That afternoon, Dylan, Davis, Mr. Hunt and I went golfing at my cousins golf course. They played nine holes, while I watched. It is relaxing to sit in the golf cart on such a nice day. Once we were finished, we rode over to my cousins house for the surprise party. We were there pretty early, but we helped around the house. It was my Aunts 50th birthday party, and she had no idea. The party was fun. Even my Aunt from Maryland drove down. We were there the rest of the night. When we got home, I went straight to bed. Mr. Hunt stayed up with Davis and played Army of Two II on the PlayStation.

Sunday morning we tried to sleep in again. We got up around 10:30am and walked the dogs again. Mr. Hunt took Hannah right away and had her pull him to the end of the street. By the time River and I made it half way walking, they were already back. We had them both off leash, and they loved it. I wish we lived somewhere where we could do that all of the time.

My mom and I went shopping late morning/early afternoon so that I could get some clothes for work. I feel like I'm running out of stuff to wear to work. I found some cute stuff, and very good deals! Thanks Mom!!!!

When we got back, my Mom, Dad, Mr. Hunt, Davis and I went over to the pool in their neighborhood. It was very hot out, but the pool was warm enough to get in. I laid on the side of the pool with my feet in to stay cool. It was such a nice day out. Dylan met us there after he woke up. We found a tick on my Mom's towel so I was scared there was one on me again. Sure enough, there was! Mr. Hunt flicked it off of me, and then we couldn't find it. A few minutes later he saw it on his hand. I don't know what it is with Mr. Hunt and I with ticks, but they must love our sweet blood or something.

When we got back to our house, My Aunt Lisa (from Maryland) and her friend Fran we there waiting on us. She brought her dog Poppy to play. All four dogs had a blast, but it was time for us to pack up and go. We left around 6:30pm and arrived home last night around 10:30pm.

What a nice little vacation. We got to do alot in a short period of time. I'm just waiting for a longer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting