Thursday, July 23, 2015

Mountain House

Last time we went to my families mountain house in NC was when Jane was Jackson's age, so over 2 years ago. It was about time for us to take a trip back, and thats just what we did. 

We got their late on Friday night. We arrived with a bang. Jane got carsick and threw up all over herself and the carseat, the dogs both pooped inside (even after we let them run around outside for a bit), and then Jackson had a blow out. We finally got the kids to bed by 11pm (YIKES).

We basically just did what we always do when we are at the mountain house, relax and hang out outside. The dogs loved the lake and so did Jane. The bottom of the lake has a gooey texture that I personally hate stepping on, but Jane didn't seem phased at all. 

Jane is becoming a GREAT swimmer so she would swim and we would relax on the dock and keep an eye on her. She was having fun in her own little world most of the time. Nana got in with her a few times and I got in with her once. It was a little too cold for me. 

We also have two blueberry bushes in the backyard so Jane picked a few that were blue, the rest weren't ready. 




Then we looked at the caterpillars.


Not really enough for blueberry muffins


I videotaped most of our trip, but I did squeeze in a few pictures. Then I had fun editing the pictures and putting on fun filters.

I have some of the same pictures of me on the dock at the lake that I cherish so I wanted to make sure I got some of Jane.

If you are wondering where Jackson is, he is probably sleeping on the porch or under the umbrella on the dock. Next year will look different.








Nana and Jane took an evening swim and I sat on the dock watching them. The water was peaceful, the air was peaceful, it was quiet. Nothing else was going on but those two in the water. It was perfect.



We had a great time, we will make sure we go back more often.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting