Tuesday, March 24, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

We have never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day too much in our house. BUT now that Jane is starting to understand and love holidays, I decided to at least do a few extra fun things with her. 

When she woke up, I told her it was St. Patricks Day. She changed it to Patricks Day and kept saying it all day. She said "Happy Patrick Day" to Mr. Hunt as he left for work and "Happy Patricks Day" to Jackson as well, both without anyone asking her to.


We both didn't have much green to wear. Green is actually my favorite color, but I just didn't have much in the maternity area of my closet. Jane had these cute pants that went with this shirt, so this is what she wore.


It was such a beautiful day out. I think it was close to 80 degrees or maybe hotter. So we hung out outside for a little bit in the morning before we had to run to Target.


I went to Target for two things so that we could do a fun craft after her nap. Guess what? Target didn't have either of the items. UGH! But you know I ended up buying stuff anyway, Target does that to me.

I did let Jane pick an insect from the dollar section and she picked the purple caterpillar. The rest of the day was centered around this little guy.


After her nap, I was really bummed that I didn't have the items for the craft, so we hung out in the front yard and blew bubbles and played with her big yellow ball. Ive never seen a kid get so excited over bubbles before. Once it was time to come in, she did this.....

"Im going back to sleep"


I don't really blame her. I could have fallen asleep out there too, the weather was just right. BUT she just was stalling to come inside. I had to make dinner so there may have been tears to come in.


Once Daddy got home we ate our St. Patricks Day meal which was a corned beef that I made for the first time. It could have come out a little better, but it was good for a first shot.


Then was the main event. I say main event because we really didn't do anything St. Patricks Day related since the craft fell through. I had been telling Jane about the green ice cream ALL day and she patiently knew it wasn't until after dinner that we could have it.

I made us a Shamrock float to share. Mr. Hunt was on a diet so he didn't have any. It turned out pretty good. It was just green sherbet and a splash of gingerale. I could tell that the gingerale was a little spicy for Jane because she doesn't ever drink sodas, so I made sure her bites her mainly sherbet and she loved it.


Look how sweet this kid is!


Maybe next year Ill be better prepared with some fun activities. What do y'all do on St. Patrick's Day?

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting