Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weather

I cant get this weather right! This past weekend it was HOT outside....not it is freezing (I think freezing is 65 degrees) outside today.

My favorite kind of weather is very hot weather. I like to be warm and hate to be cold. I dread the cold months. With that said, I don't think I would want to live somewhere that didn't have cold months because Christmas wouldn't be the same if it were hot outside, and I still love to lay by the fire. Mr. Hunt and I have a fireplace in our new home and I am waiting to turn it on!

This past Sunday it rained all day. It was nice to stay inside and get things done around the house and then relax on the couch, watch football, and have the blinds open so I can see the rain coming down. Sunday night Mr. Hunt opened one of our bedroom windows so that I can hear the rain come down. I love to hear the outside while I sleep. I wish that I could have the windows open all year round, but when I am sleeping I actually like the be cold so that I can snuggle up to my blankets....and Mr. Hunt, so having the windows open during the summer would not be nice.

It continued to rain all yesterday, last night, and today, and our bedroom window is still open. I love that the fresh fall air is coming through my house during the day and all through the night. I am very thankful for the rain because our grass was dying. We tried to start to water it, but we werent seeing any progress so we kind of gave up for awhile.

The ONLY bad side to all of this rain is that the dogs are cooped up inside. Yesterday when I got home it had stopped raining for awhile so I look them on a really long walk while Mr. Hunt made me dinner (stuffed peppers over spaghetti). We absolutely cannot let them out in the backyard like we usually do because it is muddy. Since we moved in over the summer, the grass didn't grow all the way in yet and the hot summer days didn't help it grow at all. We are going to get the backyard some grass this fall so hopefully this wont be an issue, but for now it is. So we have to put the dogs on their leash (which confuses them because they think they are going on a walk) and let them out the front door.

This would be an easy task for any regular dog, but for some reason River hates the rain. As much as he loves the pool and water in general, it surprises me that he hates the rain and wet grass. When we take him out, he tries his hardest to tiptoe through the wet grass, goes potty right away, and runs back inside. I can never get him to go #2, so he has been holding it for awhile. That explains why he went twice on his walk yesterday. Hannah of course doesn't even notice that it is raining.

I hope that the cooler (not cold) weather continues so that I can keep my window open but I will make sure to start to wear weather appropriate clothes to work so that I'm not freezing in the office like I am today. Dear warm weather, don't stay gone for long....I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting