Monday, September 27, 2010

Little Ones

If you don't know already, I love children. Something about them always makes me happy. I love to talk to little kids and hear all the funny things they say, or what they think about anything. They are happy, cute, and so much fun! I cant wait to have kids of my own one day!
Mr. Hunt and I went down the street Saturday morning to an old work friend of mine's (Chris)nine year old daughter's soccer game. Mr. Hunt enjoyed it because he used to play when he was that age. That afternoon, we invited them over to our house to watch football all day and relax. He has a seven year old named Taylor, and a nine year old named Chandler. Chandler was at a birthday party for most of the day so it was just Taylor and I.

We put together a few puzzles which seemed hard, but she was doing great and she loved it. We played with River and Hannah in the backyard where Taylor kept throwing the ball over the fence on accident. She sure has an arm, and it confused the dogs. We made chocolate chip cookies (and sneaked a few bites of the cookie dough). We played with her doll who drank water and then peed it out. We fed her ALOT of water and gave her alot of eye drops, I think she was taken care of pretty well. When Chandler got back from her party, she helped us finish some of the puzzles and gave us alot of candy. They also loved to feed the turtle. I think the turtle got enough food for a week and I'm sure he loved it!

Both Taylor and Chandler were a little afraid of River and Hannah at first. River is just so big, and Hannah is crazy so I don't blame them. After they got used to the dogs, they couldn't get enough. They got so many kisses from both River and Hannah. At one point Hannah jumped up on the chair with Taylor and sat on her. I haven't seen the dogs that tired in a long time. The girls wore them out, which I was very thankful for.

Chris likes the Texas Longhorns so we watched that game. Unfortunately they lost so we were hoping for a good game for the Gamecocks. That didn't happen. It was a sad day for college football, but a good day for me, Mr. Hunt (who had a friend to watch all the games with), Taylor and Chandler, Chris, and the dogs. I say it was a successful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting