Thursday, December 31, 2009

Its Christmas time in the city

Wow! It is already New Years Eve. This year has flown by but it was such a good year. Last night Chris and I were counting and recalling all the things we did together in 2009. Just a few, River joined the family, we moved to Charlotte, we both got good jobs, Hannah joined the family, Rachel and Michael got married, we bought a house, and so so so much more. We are very excited to see what 2010 has in store for us.
This blog was really supposed to be about Christmas though. Chris and I have been very busy with the new house stuff that I havent got a chance to tell you how our Christmas went. This was the first Christmas that Chris and I spent together ever, so it was very special. On Thursday (Christmas eve) Chris and I both had to work for a bit. After work I went up to the mountains to see my family and Chris went over to his parents house. When I got to the mountains there was still tons of snow on the ground. (Now for those of you that do not know, I have only seen real snow on the ground once and I was 3 years old so I don't remember). The dogs have never seen snow either, so it was very interesting to see how they reacted. They loved the snow so much and they ran in it forever. My family and I tobogganed down the hill on the side of the house.
On Christmas day we woke up and opened all of our gifts which I love them all and am very thankful for everything. Christmas is also River's birthday. He turned one this year. It was so funny to see him turn his head sideways when I sang happy birthday to him as soon as he woke up. I think he had a great birthday in the snow. Later, we went back outside and tobogganed more, but this time we made a jump out of snow and we went down on rafts too that we have for the lake in the summer. We laughed so hard. Chris joined us alter that day and we had a great dinner and played with Davis' new Wii Fit Plus. That was very funny too.
The next day we relaxed and played outside in the snow and went out to eat at a Irish restaurant. On Sunday we went to a small small church around the corner from the house. There were only about 40 people there and the main lady that sang the songs upfront noticed that we were visiting and asked if any of us could sing. My mom said that we could sing but didn't have a song, but the lady didn't hear the last part. After singing one more song she invited us up to the front. When we told her that we werent going to sing, she looked a little disappointed. When we got back from church we ate pancakes and said bye to my family. We drove back to Charlotte and headed over to Chris' family's house. We ate dinner and opened more gifts from them. My favorite was the new Dyson animal vacuum. Now we can suck up all the dog hair that appears every day on the floor. It works very well.
All in all it was a wonderful Christmas. Anytime that I get to spend with my family is always a time that I love. We always have so much fun together. I'm glad that Chris got to share the special Christmas time with my family and I got to spend it with his. I hope that years to come will be the same way. I hope everyone had as great of a Christmas as I did.
I hope everyone has a great New Years celebration tonight and a great 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting