Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Feeling Thankful

I know Thanksgiving has already past and we are supposed to be thankful everyday, but for some reason today I have been feeling even more thankful for the things that I have then I have ever been. It may be for a few reasons.
A girl that I went to high school with just lost her boyfriend in Afghanistan. I don't talk to her anymore, but she is my friend on facebook and I found out through the NewsFeed. I think the funereal was either yesterday or today. I cant even imagine what that feels like. I have been thinking about her all day today and I am just so thankful for all the people in my life. I'm sure all of her friends and family are taking good care of her, and I'm sure she realizes that and is thankful for them too. You never know when someone close to you will pass away, so make sure they know you love them.
I am also reading a blog that someone suggested I read. A woman named Stefanie (nienie for short) is a mother of 4 I think. She was in a plane crash with her husband and her husband had to pull her out of the burning plane. Her and her husband got burned pretty badly. She looks totally different now and she writes about her life. How she feels about the way she looks, how her kids react, how grateful she is to be alive, and much more. Every time I read it, I think about how lucky I am to be alive and well. I feel bad sometimes because there are days that I go through and don't even think about how lucky I am. all I can think about is, I want this and what can I do for myself. Instead I need to think about how great it is to wake up in the morning and be able to walk talk, laugh, and love.
Lastly, I think what topped it off today was when I was going back to work from my lunch break, I ran into traffic from a huge car accident. As I passed by, I saw a man on a stretcher. He didn't look good. Thanks God that wasn't me, thank God that wasn't any of my friends or family, but please help him to be healthy.
I think we all need to sit back sometimes and just think about how great it is to even be able to breathe. It sounds silly, but just think about how much worse your life could be. When I go onto Facebook, I see alot of quotes that people put on their statuses. Alot of them are the same, but there is one that I usually just read and not even pay attention to what it means. I really don't remember how it goes, but its something like "don't take life for granted. smile and laugh when you can because every minute you area sad is 60 seconds of happiness you will never get back." I don't know what has gotten into me but I can stop thinking about it today so I decided to write about it on my blog. You just never know when the last time you will get a hug from someone or even see someone is. I'm going to start being thankful for every kiss I get from Chris, every lick from the dogs, every phone call from my parents and brothers, and every day that I wake up. From now on, if I'm in a bad mood, I'm just going to remember the things and people I have in my life, and I know that will change my mood.

My new favorite song: Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews "I'm Alive"

"And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessin' can’t you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I’m alive, and well
I’m alive, and well"

2 comments:

♥ Jennifer said...

This was really good for me to read! Seriously, how often do we all take life for granted and the people in our lives as well. I definitely need to take the time to count my blessings more often. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jennifer. I know. I can go through a week without thinking how lucky I am. You are lucky too, God gave you your wonderful Cade, beautiful growing Lyla, and the rest of your friends and family. Dont ever take them for granted. Thank God everyday for them :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting