Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was so much fun this year. Chris and I both had off Thursday(Thanksgiving) through Sunday off and each day was full of activities. This is the first time in a long time that we have had that many days off together!
Wednesday: After work we met at Best Buy to buy my parents their Christmas gift, a 42" flat screen TV. We wanted to bring it with us and give it to them on Thanksgiving so that we could watch all the football games on it! Then we went home, packed up the car and the dogs, and headed to Bluffton. We got their late, but we woke up my dad and gave them the TV. They were so happy (so were my brothers of course) and we set it up right away.
Thursday: Thanksgiving day we woke up and slowing started our day. My grandparents and cousins came over around 1pm and we ate Thanksgiving dinner around 3pm. It was so yummy! We cooked one turkey in the oven and my dad fried one in the fryer, both were delicious. Surprisingly there weren't many leftovers of the turkey but alot of the corn and green beans. The rest of the day, we sat and watched football, took the dogs on a long walk, and played many family games including the "what we are thankful for game" we play every year. By the way, when we took the dogs on a walk, we didn't put leashes on them for the first time and they listened very well....such good puppies we have!
Friday: This was a day full of more football, eating, and relaxing. Chris and I also went to the grocery store to get dinner for everyone. Since the fryer was already out from the turkey, my dad decided that he was going to fry some chicken wings. We always make a bunch of different flavors. We had BBQ, Honey Mustard, Hot, and Garlic Hot. They were all so good. That night we played more games and taught my mom how to play circle of death. That was interesting :)
Saturday: This was the big day for the game! South Carolina vs. Clemson, what I think is the biggest rivalry of the south. Chris and I were so excited for this game, especially since we had the new TV to watch it on. More of my family came over to watch with us and sure enough....GAMECOCKS WON!!!! Chris and I always say that we don't care if we lose all the games of the season, as long as we win that one, it was a good season. After the game, we had an oyster roast. My dad is a good oyster cooker for sure. I wish it was a little warmer outside that night so that I could have stayed out there longer, but I had to keep coming inside it was so cold. That night River got really sick. He was throwing up, shaking, and wouldn't eat or drink. River throws up alot normally because he has a weak stomach, but he has never refused to eat. I was so worried, I thought for sure we were going to have to go to the animal ER. Chris made him drink some milk and took him outside where he ate a ton of grass. He came back inside and was perfectly fine. We still aren't sure what was wrong with him, but I think he just had cramps from gas or something. We reminded my mom and taught my brother and dad how to play circle of death ans we played it all night long. We couldn't stop laughing the whole time.
Sunday: We slept in and ate breakfast. While Chris slept a little longer I went to visit Tatiana and see her new apartment that she shares with Brandy. They also have a new little kitten that was so cute. It was good to catch up with her...I really do miss all my girlfriends. Later that evening Chris and I packed back up and headed home.

Now it is time to get ready for Christmas. I love both of our families so much and I love spending time with them. I wish we could do things like this every weekend.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It sounds like yall had a really nice Thanksgivng!

That is so exciting you are going to start searching for a house! I am so excited they extended the first time home buyer tax credit!!! :) I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have on the whole house hunting process!

Oh and by the way...Can I please have your address?

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting