Monday, December 29, 2014

Jane's First Gamecock Football Game

Back in November, we took Jane to her very first South Carolina Gamecock Football game. Im pretty sure Mr. Hunt was the most excited about this. I was a little worried it would be a nightmare trying to keep her seated and distracted from wanting to run all over the place, but I knew this day would come sometime. 

The game was against South Alabama which was good because that meant we would probably win, seeing as this past season wasn't so good for the gamecocks. I wouldn't want Jane's first game to be a loss. Anyway, the game was at noon which was also good for a kids first game so that it didn't interfere with bedtime. Although, it did interfere with nap time, but thats ok. 

Mr. Hunt, Jane, Uncle Dylan, Aunt Jenn, Aunt Jenn's parents, Uncle Dylan, Nana, Pappy, and I were all at the game. I hope to make it some sort of tradition, it was so fun! We tailgated a little bit and Jane loved running around after the football and eating cheese and crackers. 

I packed everything I could think of to distract Jane and I was a little worried they would say my bag was too big to go into the game, but they let me right in. 


Jane loved cheering and yelling "go cocks!" and "touchdown." Surprisingly (because nothing usually scares her) she didn't like the fireworks or when everyone would scream and yell. She usually yelled while everyone else was quiet. She also loved when they played sandstorm. She had a little towel that she liked to wave around.



Me, Jane, and my parents left around the end of the 3rd quarter. We had exhausted all of our distractions and I could tell Jane was super tired. She was starting to get cranky, plus we were winning pretty big. On the way back, Jane fell asleep on Pappy. Poor Pappy had to carry 30lbs of dead weight the whole way back to the tailgate.


This never happens. Jane never falls asleep in random places. Its either her bed, or the carseat, thats it! So she was really tired. I thought for sure when I laid her down in the back of the car she would wake up, but she didn't! Her little nap wasn't long, but it was cute to see her wiped out.


We hung out a little bit more at the tailgate once everyone else got back and then headed home. The day turned out great! Im not sure Jane will remember her first game, but we will, and we will be s
sure to tell her all about it!

Love,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Carol said...

So cute! Love her cheerleading outfit!!! Go Cocks!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting