Tuesday, December 18, 2012

37 weeks=FULL TERM


WEEK37:


Looks like the puffiness and being swollen is here to stay.

Total Weight Gain/Loss?: 37.6lbs Thank goodness I didn't have another 6 pound weight gain week. I refuse to weigh myself during the week so who knows really how much I gained this week since when I weighted myself last Monday I had lost two pounds. Whatever....Ive already past the 35 lbs ONLY thing, so Ive given up.
Maternity Clothes?: I hate going out of the house only because I have NOTHING to wear. While at home I wear pj pants and huge shirts that I find in Mr. Hunt's pile. To make things worse, its gotten cold here so I look silly wearing flip flops out of the house. This means that I have to wear pants and somehow squeeze my huge swollen feet into some shoes. 
Stretch Marks?: No stretch marks. Crossing my fingers that none show up in the next few weeks. 
Sleep?: When I'm asleep its good, but I'm now getting up about 3 or 4 times a night to pee. Also, its getting alot harder to move from side to side. But once I'm in a comfortable position and fall back to sleep, I'm out!
Feeling Sick?: OK, this is going to sound like I'm complaining, and I am. Again, I'm so excited for this little girl, and I would do it all over again, but I'm MISERABLE! I have headaches, I'm nauseous again, I'm a huge swollen marshmellow, I can't move around very well, I have to pee every 30 minutes, my back is killing me, and my baby feels like she is falling out of between my legs. TMI?
Best Moment This Week: We are trying to keep ourselves busy around here and with Christmas right around the corner it hasn't been hard. We had a Christmas get together with our small group and also Mr. Hunts work party. 
Movement?: Yes. Right when I mentioned last week about reading that she is supposed to run out of room and not move as much...but she still was moving like crazy....well.....now she isn't. She still moves around alot, but they are different again. Its just more rolling and not as often. Its hard to explain.
Food Cravings?: No. In fact, nothing has really sounds good to me lately. Its almost like the first trimester all over, but not as bad thankfully. 
Gender?: sweet baby girl
Labor Signs?: Braxton Hicks like WHOA! But those don't hurt. I'm also having REAL contractions too that hurt, but not regular like I'm in labor. 
Belly Button In or Out?: Outie
Wedding Ring On or Off?: Off :( I'm starting to wonder if my fingers will ever shrink back
What I Miss?: Being able to get dressed in cute stuff. 
What I'm Looking Forward To?: Getting this baby OUT!
Anything Else?: OK, my appointment this week was a little interesting. I'm just going to write it all here since I'm going week to week now instead of doing a whole separate appointment post.
I found out this week that I have protein in my pee and my blood pressure is high. This is a sign of pre eclampsia. That and my headaches made my doctor a little worried. She didn't seem too concerned at first since my blood pressure was definitely higher than it used to be, but not as high as pre eclampsia patients, but to be cautious, I had to get blood taken before I left to find out. I also had to bring a huge red jug home and pee in it for 24 hrs to check how much protein is there. If I do have pre eclampsia, I have to be induced right away, so this should be interesting to find out whats going on. Since I'm full term, its not a big deal if I have to be induced for pre eclampsia. By the time we even find out, Ill be almost 38 weeks anyway.
Also, when she did the internal check, she said I was 1.5cm dilated which is only .5 cm more than last week. But, I am effaced 50% which is 50% more than last week, and I'm at a -2 station which explains why it feels like she is literally falling out right now. A -5 station is where she has been the whole pregnancy and when I get to 0 that's when I can start to push her out. So saying that I'm already at a -2 means she is RIGHT THERE! I believe it!
So, with all that said, if I don't have pre eclampsia then she doesn't think Ill even make it to 39 weeks. Of course that's not for sure, but she seemed like she thought I was going to go into labor soon.
Before, I was scared about the whole labor thing, but I'm so uncomfortable now that I don't even care anymore. I just want her out!

UPDATE: After the pee test and the blood test, they determined that I don't have pre eclampsia. Praise God. As much as I wanted her out, I definitely didn't want to be sick. I certainly trust my doctors, but I'm still worried about pre eclampsia. I'm glad that I go back to the doctor once a week in case something changes. 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Jennifer! I am so glad you don't have preclampsia, I have heard that can be scary! It doesn't sound like you will have to be induced but wanted to let you know my induction actually went really well. I went in on the evening of the 27th and had my daughter on the 28th at 7:39 pm. :) My friends and family are begging me to set up a blog so at some point I hopefully will and will post Kennedy's birth story. I am a big wimp as far as pain and I have to say it wasn't near as bad as I thought. The most painful part for me was the epidural but for some reason they could not get mine inserted right, had to try 3 times! I started getting very light headed and dizzy which was scary but he finally got it. I think I just had a bad experience because friends have told me theirs was not that bad. Also, no one really tells you what to expect afterwards. I had to have an episodomy and once that epidural wore off, wow, the pain was bad down there. Stitches in that area are nooo fun and it really didn't start to feel better for about a week. But the actual pushing part, not bad at all and it's the most amazing feeling when you see your baby for the first time! Good luck and I will be thinking about you!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting