Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gamecocks and Labor Day

Since my last post nothing has been going on to write about. Just work, entertain dogs, and rest! This past weekend was the first exciting weekend in awhile. Chris and I were supposed to go to the beach with some of our friends but that trip got cancelled at the last minute. I called my parents to see what they were up to and they were headed to the mountains for the weekend. I though that would be a fun but very relaxing time and its only and hour and 45 minutes from our house in Charlotte. It turned out to be a blast.
Friday after I got off work Chris took me to Outback Steakhouse which is one of my favorite restaurants ever (i know its lame because its a chain restaurant, but i cant pass up the cheese fries EVER). After eating, going home and packing we were on the road by 8pm and arrived at the lake house around 9:45 pm. My parents and Davis finally arrived at 10pm and by the time they settled in and we chatted for awhile we all went to sleep.
The next morning Chris and I woke up around 11am and put our bathing suits on right away. We hung out on the lake for a few hours. The dogs LOVED it. River had the most energy I have ever seen him have but he was so funny jumping off the dock over and over again like the energizer bunny. Charlie tried to keep up but he would get annoyed and go lay on the couch on the porch. Hannah would have spurts of energy and she was swimming more than we have ever seen her. (by the way...I would post pictures but Hannah chewed the cord that transfers the pics from my camera to the computer) Later that day after we had lunch we all got showers and headed to the Apple Festival in downtown Hendersonville with the family. I was so excited because my favorite candy store is in downtown Hendersonville so I got to get tons of candy. We didn't buy anything besides the candy and some hot dogs but it was fun to look at everything. After we left the Apple Festival we all went to the grocery and picked out dinner. We saw a really yummy looking Greek salad at the Apple Festival so we decided to have that and grilled chicken. It turned out great. My Grandpa wanted my mom to make some other stuff including fudge. YUM! That night we watched tons of football and played games and did puzzles. it was relaxing that is for sure.
The next morning we tried to sleep in a little but we couldn't because the dogs were so excited to get out on the lake again. Chris had some work to do so he did that and we all just took it easy for the day by the lake. My mom made beef stew and cornbread for dinner and fudge for desert. The beef stew was so good but the fudge never hardened. She thinks that Grandpa gave her the wrong recipe. It was fine though because we ended up using it for hot fudge on top of ice cream. It was so good and we got to bring some home. I still have tons of leftovers.
The weekend was fun and was much needed
As for the Gamecocks...I'm so excited for the football season. If you know me, then you know that I LOVE the gamecocks!!! They won their first game last Thursday and I'm looking forward to a good season. Don't worry if you don't keep track of them because I will surely do that on here. Our next game is this Saturday against Georgia. Tough game, but I think we can pull it off. Keep your fingers crossed!!! :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Jennifer! I had no idea you had a blog! I am so excited! I am an official "follower" of it now!

I miss you! I really appreciate that you are praying for me! I want to be home again soooooo bad!

Love you girl!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting