Monday, September 14, 2009

Dance Lessons and Gamecocks

This post is a little out of order, but I was reading my older posts and remembered that I never wrote about our dance lessons. Chris's brother Michael and his fiancee Rachel invited Chris and I to take dance lessons with them for the wedding. It ended up being Michael and Rachel, Chris and I, Rachel's parents, and Chris's parents. It was a lot of fun. Each week we would go into class and add new steps to the ones we learned the week before. After we got the steps down, we would rotate partners. So I ended up dancing with not just Chris. I danced with Michael, Mr. Hunt, and Mr. Crunk! We mainly learned swing, but the last few weeks we worked on salsa. It was so funny to see the boys try to catch on to the moves. They would always want to be a better partner than the other. My main partner was Chris though and I hope he remembers all the moves so when the wedding comes we don't look crazy on the dance floor.
I think Michael and Rachel are taking a few other classes without everyone so they can learn what to do for their first dance.
Chris actually, surprisingly liked dance class. At first I had to beg him to take it with me but then he loved it. He even wants to take our own private classes one day...and of course i would LOVE that. He wants to learn TANGO! whew...it looks hard.
All in all it was a great experience and great bonding for the two families.
Now skipping back to this past weekend. Chris and I drove to N. Augusta, SC for Rachel and Michael's wedding shower at Chris's Aunt Mary-Alice's house. It was a fun shower but didn't last too long. We stayed the night so that we could watch the Gamecocks play the Bulldogs. The game was sooo good but we ended up losing at the VERY end. The score was 37-41. So sad. But the good news is that Stephen Garcia (our QB) is looking very good. Finally we have a good looking quarterback, and our team looked put together. I am very excited for the rest of the season. I think we will do alot better than last year.
While we were in N. Augusta we had to board River for the first time. I was a little upset and sad but then I got over it. River had such a good time and he was pooped when we picked him up on Sunday. I'm glad that we got the boarding thing over with so now I wont be hesitant on taking him there. We had to bring Hannah with us since she doesn't have her rabies shot yet, but she wasn't in the way. We kept her in the crate for half the day when a bunch of people were around, but once everyone left we brought her out and she played with Reese (Mary-Alice's dog).
It was a good weekend...now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting