Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend in the Mountains

This past weekend was so much fun but I was so tired today at work. Chris and I left on Friday and made it just in time to the mountains for some ribs that my dad cooked. They were SO yummy. We stayed up late with my parents and the Wilkerson's and told a BUNCH of funny stories!

The next day we woke up and had a yummy breakfast that my mom cooked. We had blueberry, chocolate chip, and plain pancakes and bacon. Then Chris, Davis and I went down to the fair that was going on downtown. It was called Coon Dog Day! We at lunch and walked around. We got to see the champion coon dog and man let me tell you, those were some well trained dogs. Ive never seen so many rednecks in my life all in one place, but it was still fun and VERY entertaining Then that night we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. YUM! I love queso dip.

The next morning Chris, my mom and I woke up early and drove an hour to Ashville to see Dylan's baseball game. It was good to see him play because I don't get to see him much anymore. He played very good and it was worth the hour drive and getting up early. The rest of the day we spent resting before we had to pack and come home. :(

All in all it was a relaxing weekend and we had a great time. I think River enjoyed himself also because he got to play with Charlie all weekend long. Even though I was excited about having all of July filled with activities for the weekend, Chris and I think we may need one weekend to just relax at home. Even though we get to relax on the weekend trips, it still gets stressful trying to get there and back and all the in between stuff.

I hope this week flies by because we hopefully get to pick up HANNAH on Monday. Ill keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting