Thursday, October 1, 2015

Jane's First Soccer Practice

Awhile back, we randomly bought Jane a small soccer ball while we were in Dicks Sporting Goods. I say randomly, but it was really because she didn't want to let it go after kicking it around the store. 

She turned out to be (what I thought) was really good at kicking the soccer ball, for a two year old, and she loved doing it. 

So I did some research on soccer around where we live, and there wasn't much for two year olds, but I did find a little "camp" that was help at our neighborhood park. It was super convenient and seemed like fun, so I signed her up. 


Im not sure what my expectations were for this (its just a small camp, no games or shin guards, or jerseys). She does ok. I think the problem is that the playground is RIGHT next to camp, so its very distracting. Also, she's two. I will say that she does better in dance than she does here. Maybe its because Im there. Have you heard that your kids are more likely to misbehave while you are in the room? Makes total sense to me.


Anyway, I almost quit. I didn't feel like paying for this if she wasn't going to like it or participate. Each week we go back though in hopes it will be different. Haven't seen any changes yet.

To end on a positive note, I think she might  be the best in the class (and she's the only girl) when she actually participates. She LOVES when the other kids and moms yell "go Jane go!" and she scores goals. She's also super fast and a great dribbler.

Im going to stick with it for now....update y'all later!

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting