Friday, September 25, 2015

Jane's First Dance Class

The day finally came that I was looking forward to since the day I found out I was having a girl. I danced my entire life (and really miss it), so I couldn't wait to put Jane in dance. 

I can only hope she loves it as much as I did. 

I know she was super excited about dance class on the first day. We went to buy her leotard/tutus/tights/ballet shoes/tap shoes the day before with Daddy and it was so fun!



I couldnt wait to put her hair in a cute bun either




This was going to the the first time that I put her in a class on her own (without me) besides the nursery at church so I was a little nervous. Mainly nervous she would misbehave.



Im thankful they had a little TV in the lobby so that I could still watch the entire thing. You better believe that I was watching the whole entire time. I was soaking in her very first dance class and hoping there would be many many more.


She did cry when she came back out to me and said that she missed me....but no tears while she was in the class. The second class went the same way, she was doing GREAT



Then Mimi and Papa took her and she didn't do so well. She cried and they ended up leaving a ill bit early because she wasn't having it. I thought maybe she just wanted to be with them because she never did that with me.

But I was wrong


The next two classes she threw a fit! Didn't even want to put her leotard and tights on. She cried the entire way there. She cried when we got there. She said she would rather sit in time out the entire time. She said she wanted to leave and never come back. This broke my heart. I know it wasn't that she didn't like dance, it was that she just wanted me to be in the room with her. But it still made me sad. I was hoping she would love it and get really excited every time is was time to go


Once I sat in the room with her, she would do great. She didn't pay much attention to me at all, but would glance over just to make sure I was still there. So Im hoping that she will grow out of this. Like I said, this is the first time Im actually leaving her. Thats one downfall with her not being in daycare. Most of the other kids in the class are fine with their parents leaving and Im sure its because they are left at daycare or something and they are used to it. There are also other kids like Jane who hate when their parents leave.


So Im not giving up quite yet. Im still taking her. The dance teacher said she doesn't mind me sitting in there (and I honestly love it because I can watch her better than on the tv and she is just the cutest with her dance moves) but I know Im not really supposed to be in there. There is even a sign that says "no parents past this point." So were working on it.


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting