Friday, January 14, 2011

Snowed In


Mr. Hunt and I were snowed in for two days earlier this week. Well, I guess we weren't really snowed in, but almost all of Charlotte was closed and we couldn't really go anywhere very far because the roads were very bad.

On Monday morning it started to snow around 3am. By the time we woke up to get ready for work, there was already 4 inches of snow. We knew we weren't going into work so we went back to bed for a little bit and when we woke up it was still snowing. It snowed until around 8pm Monday night when it then turned into freezing rain.

On Monday, we ventured out to Subway and the grocery store. It was very easy to get the snow off the car because it was just like powder. It was exciting to see all the snow everywhere.

Tuesday morning was so much worse. I had no idea that the pretty powdery snow would turn into such a nightmare. As soon as Mr. Hunt stepped foot on the driveway he fell. Then I tried to go see what it was like and I got stuck sliding down the driveway. I couldn't walk back up without sliding back. Mr. Hunt had to come rescue me.

For some reason, Mr. Hunt and I didn't think Monday that we should get food for Tuesday, so again on Tuesday we had to venture out to the grocery to get food. It was alot scarier to go out in the snow.

The snow was very pretty and it was nice not having to go into work, but by Tuesday night I was ready for it to be done with.

We still have ice/snow in our backyard. The dogs have such a hard time trying to go potty out there. They look like they are ice-skating. I think its going to be awhile before it is gone. It is a pretty thick piece of ice.

I have decided that I like snow, but it would be ten times better if it came with warm weather. I would play in it all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting