Thursday, October 8, 2009

Busy Busy Bee

Chris and I have been so busy lately with everything. It seems like the "to do" list keeps getting longer and longer no matter how much we get done. We try to talk about what things need to get done first and set our priorities straight, but like always things and plans change. The next few weeks are going to be busier than normal, but also very fun and exciting, so I wanted to tell you a little about what we will be doing these next few weeks.
My WHOLE Mom's side of the family is coming into town to visit Me, Chris, and the doggies. The only people that aren't coming from that side are my two cousins Michelle and Melissa. They will be missed, but are still loved of course. The original plan was to have them come and go to the Panthers vs. Redskins game on Sunday, but we couldn't find that many tickets for a good price. They all said they still wanted to come to see our house and have a great weekend. Most everyone is showing up on Friday and spending the weekend. I will write a post about how the weekend went. I'm so excited to see my family and spend time with them. I'm also happy that they are coming to MY house. This has never happened before. I'm starting to feel like a real adult. I need to start cleaning, straightening up and getting ready to be a great host.
The next weekend after that is Michael and Rachel's wedding (Chris brother). Chris is of course the best man and I am one of the bridesmaids. I'm so honored to be able to stand up there next to them on their special day. It will be something they remember forever. There are activities for the wedding from Thursday until the wedding day (Saturday). I know its a huge day for Chris too because his twin brother is getting married and he has to make a speech and everything, but I also know that he is very excited. I love weddings and I am really looking forward to being there.
The day after the wedding is Sunday and I think we are having a cookout at Chris parents house for my birthday which is Monday. I'm happy that I will be able to celebrate while most everyone is still in town from the wedding. I'm turning 23 this year and I really feel like I'm getting old. I know 23 isn't old at all but the time is flying by so much, which leads me to my next point.
Like I said earlier, I feel like we are always rushing around and always having something to do. Even when I am relaxing I cant really relax because I have so much on my mind that I could be doing. I think most of it is because I am worrying about money and making a living. I know Chris is stressing about the same thing. Sometimes I need to sit back and think about the things that I am grateful for instead of the things that I want or stress about. at least I have a job and am making money (some people don't even have that). I have the most wonderful boyfriend that I could ever ask for, two of the greatest dogs in the world, two parents that love me more than anything, two brothers that I love so much, a car that works, clothes to wear, money to buy food, and much much more. I know I just need to work hard, pray, and wait for God to give us more opportunities. While I wait, I need to smile and love what I am and what I have.
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3).
"Cast your cares upon the Lord, for he cares about you. (1 Peter 5:7)."
"Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God. (Job 37:14)."
"I will give you peace and quietness. (1 Chronicles 16:11)."
"With God ALL things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting